Instructions for SharePoint Foundation?

Oct 31, 2011 at 9:54 PM

I was going to apply this to www.tomresing.com for the day, but I can't follow step 3 bullet 4, as Foundation doesn't have the Master Page setting in Look and Feel nor the alternate URL. I know there is a way around it, but I can't think of it at the moment.

Also, on my SharePoint Foundation site, the theme doesn't show as a choice in Look and Feel after I upload it to the Themes catalog.

Oct 31, 2011 at 10:15 PM

Forgot to include instructions for Foundation.

You dont have Look and Feel  > Site Themes ?

Did you try going to Site Settings > Galleries > Themes

You should be able add the item in either place.

Oct 31, 2011 at 10:40 PM

Hi Kanwal,

Great idea! I love the way it looks in the screen shots. If I put a little more effort into it, I'm sure I could figure it out.

Foundation has Look and Feel > Site Theme and the Themes Gallery. However, after uploading this theme to the gallery it doesn't show in the former.

Tom

Nov 1, 2011 at 10:02 PM

You'll have problems in foundation seting the css as like you say there isn't an option to in Foundation.

the only way round it is to edit the v4.master in sharepoint designer and add the link in there directed to the css file.

With regards to the theme file it's a little strange I'll look into this and see what is going on.

Nov 1, 2011 at 10:32 PM

@alstarroome Thanks. I'm curious now. Suggestions on twitter say the xmas theme may be better served as a feature. What do you think of that? Then the installation instructions would get much more simple.